How many applications does it take to renew 2 out of the 3 of our passports?
I kid you not.
The reasons for invalidating our applications include the following;
- My signature exceeding the borders of the space allotted
- Karl's signature exceeding the borders of the space allotted. Three times.
- My misspelling the word "CANADA"
- My filling in the word "CANADA" in the section of "Province/State of Birth" (Although, in my defense we discovered we had two different, yet very similar versions of the form. In the first one, they asked for "Country of Birth" first, and "Province/State of Birth" second. And by the 3rd form I was kind of on auto pilot)
- Karl's misspelling the word " GUELPH"- Karl's screwing up the dates of employment section of the application.
Applications 9 and 10 seem to be flawless. Fingers crossed.
When relaying this story to a neighbour earlier today, she shook her head while laughing. "Was alcohol involved?" she asked. I am sad (?) to say so, but NO. We are just that bad at filling out forms.
In other, trip related news;
Karl has un-quit his job this week ?!?!
We are also thiiiis close to finally booking our flights. About time, since we are planning to leave sometime in the first week of December.